• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats more abrasive: polishing compound or Ultimate Polish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats more abrasive: polishing compound or Ultimate Polish.

Which one can remove the most scratches? Also I used the Turtle Wax Polishing Compound and it seemed UP took out more/deeper scratches. I have to say that I was very impressed with the UP I picked up today and applied but now I think I need a stronger compound as the UP worked better and my compounding step was probably useless! I will pick up UC shortly, and probably some clay. One question does UP/UC remove above surface contaminants or do you have to use clay. .And does clay removes bird dropping stains etched into paint.
    Thanks guhs

anant

Re: Whats more abrasive: polishing compound or Ultimate Polish.

I would want U. Polish and UC over the Polishing Compound.

UP/UC is below surface dirt/defects.

Clay would be above surface.

As for the bird dropping.. depends if it is above or below. Most likely it is below...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Whats more abrasive: polishing compound or Ultimate Polish.

Thanks very much man, I just finished a huge black denali full interior, leather, dash, windows, vacuum, and i gave it a nice polish and a wax and i have to say it looked incredible.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');