• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Guys help!!

hi said he used the same wax as me but when he did it it was a VERY hot day... so you all saying i should try Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner first ?

btw what is Dawn ? lol thanks

Comment

Dawn is a dishwashing product...not 'dishwasher' but 'by hand in the sink'. It may not be available on your side of the pond.

As to the rest of your problem...I'll let Murr do the answering...he does a MUCH better job than I.

I will say that using wax on a, "...VERY hot day..." is a big help and clue.

Good luck...

Bill

Comment

My understanding is any dish washing liquid (the ones used by hand) will do. I once used Palmolive and it worked.

This should remove all wax on your car and then you can assess the next step. You can always try to aplly this to one panel first.

This is a good idea becaue you do not have to have additional products. You do have dish washing liquid, right?

Comment

yeah i have some fairy washing up liquid, popular in uk lol i shall try some of that

Comment

Since the Cleaner/Wax did nothing, I think something stronger than DC Cleaner will be needed... but have to see what is available there.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

whats stronger then DC Cleaner ?

Comment

The common products would go (starting mildest):

Cleaner/Wax
                DC Cleaner
                Ult. Polish
                ScratchX
                SwirlX
                ScratchX 2.0
                Ult. Compound

So I'd be looking at SwirlX or Ult. Compound.... Jumping right to a test spot with the Ult. Compound and a good applicator by hand wouldnt damage anything. Either Ult. Compound works, works but leaves a few swirls, or it doesnt. I wouldnt want to buy every product in the middle to try...
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');