• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for the best "true" waterless car wash...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for the best "true" waterless car wash...

Hey all,

So it's time to start planning for the winter time (seriously) and I want to wash the salt and dirt off my car in the garage, so the product needs to be truly waterless. Since I can't use ONR, I was wondering if anyone has had success with Foamtek or SmartWax SmartOne??

Re: Looking for the best "true" waterless car wash...

Optimum Opti Clean Concentrate 32 oz - New formula cleans better while providing a higher gloss finish! One product cleans and protects every automotive surface. Optimum Opti Clean is the ultimate one-step product. It cleans and protects all ...

Get the perfect results on your car care project while having fun at every stage with Griot’s cleaners, polishes, auto detailing tools and other supplies.

have you tried these products?
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Haven't tried those two, I was just going through the best sellers on Amazon, have you had any experience with the Optium Opti Clean? Seems like it wouldn't be as effective as its No Rinse counterpart...

Comment

Not yet....I just bought both ONR and the Opti Clean concentrate....they are still sitting on my shelf....been using Megs UW& W or UQD.....

Yea, I think ONR is a bit more aggressive than the Opti Clean....I'll try out both soon & post something later
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Poorboy's Spray and Wipe is good also. Used it all last winter.
          2011 Ford Mustang GT Cali Special
          2012 Kia Sorento EX

Comment

CroftgateUSA. Hands down.

Foamtek is pretty good too but CroftgateUSA surpasses it.
            Tedrow's Detailing
            845-642-1698
            Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Haha Shawn I saw your review on Amazon for Foamtek so that's why I wanted to see if anyone else has tried it. I think I'll go with the Aquanil sample kit, since it has some of their wax which should boost the protection offered by Aquanil-X, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by SciontC View Post
                Haven't tried those two, I was just going through the best sellers on Amazon, have you had any experience with the Optium Opti Clean? Seems like it wouldn't be as effective as its No Rinse counterpart...
                True. I have both Griot's and Opti-Clean on my shelves and they're both very good products. However, I trust neither on a really dirty car, even my winter beater. I'd go through my entire MF collection on one car by trying to avoid dragging dirt around on my paint. ONR is the way to go. An average size car uses less than a gallon of water, and much of that is picked up by your drying towels, leaving very little on the garage floor. I used it all last winter on both of the family cars that were driven year-'round. The melting slush from the wheel wells and undercarriage left more water on my garage floor than the ONR. I would seriously reconsider your decision.

Bill

Comment

Bill, when you say that the stuff on the undercarriage left water on the floor, do you mean you used ONR on the undercarriage?

Comment

If you want to stay within Meguiar's Family products D155 Last Touch Spray Detailer would be No. 1 choice (it also can be used as clay lubricant 1:1 with water).

But if you want true waterless product CroftGate USA won't disappoint.

Comment

Could you mix the ONR and pour it into a spray bottle?? If not, then I'll go with the Croftgate

Comment

Here are the mixing ratios for ONR:

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 8 oz. - New & Improved! - Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine New & Improved formula offers the Ultimate in lubricity during the wash as well as drying with greater gloss and protection. The polymers in the new formula have ...

Comment

OK, but do you think it would work in a spray form? Since it seems like it was meant for a bucket..

Comment

Can you mix the ONR and put it in a spray bottle? If not, I'll go with the Croftgate
                            Well, you can mix it with water (8oz. per gallon ratio) and pour it into a spray bottle but you'll create a quick detailer.
                            Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine 8 oz. - New & Improved! - Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine New & Improved formula offers the Ultimate in lubricity during the wash as well as drying with greater gloss and protection. The polymers in the new formula have ...

Comment

Bill, when you say that the stuff on the undercarriage left water on the floor, do you mean you used ONR on the undercarriage?
                              Not at all. I'm referring to the accumulated snow, ice and slush on the undercarriage that starts melting when I pull it into the garage. That stuff leaves far more of a mess than the little ONR that drips on the garage floor. I'm from western PA and while it's far from the great white north, we do have a real winter.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');