• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it so hard to find foam applicator pads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it so hard to find foam applicator pads...

So recently I've looked around for just a standard foam applicator pad as I prefer them over all the fancy microfiber pads and such... Anyone know a good place to just get a foam pad? I've found them online but don't want to pay more in S&H than the actual pads cost!

Re: Why is it so hard to find foam applicator pads...

Pretty much online... Just have to buy a few other products, to make the shipping work out. Always something else to buy
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The entire auto parts industry seems to have shifted that way. What most people do is when they order online they are ordering other stuff with it so basically makes it shipping free. Autogeek tends to have very often at least 5-10% or more off sales which often takes care of that too.

Comment

Thats funny, I was still typing and forgot to hit send... too funny.

Comment

You can get them on amazon, but you're going to pay a little bit more than retail by the time they ship them.

Comment

Before, these were available in Checker Auto (now O'Reilly's)... Not sure why they pulled it out. I wish they were still there so it's convenient to buy them.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I just make my own from left over foam scraps being thrown in the dumpster from a local marine interior shop

Comment

I place an order with either ADS or AG regularly.....free shipping with an order of $100 or more at ADS....AG has free shipping on orders of $95 quite often. ADS has a great deal on the foam pads 12 for $9.95.
                Not sure why it's soo hard to find basics such as foam pads at local stores?
                "STRIFE" aka Phil
                2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
                2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
                2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

The stores pick what they want to carry... must not have enough people asking for them.

I usually end up with a ~$45 ADS order... then just bump it up to the max with a few pads, or towels, or something.
                  2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

You can get 6 plain foam applicators for $3 (probably worth to get at least a dozen or so) at topoftheline.com - type in "foam applicators" in the search. I believe they can ship them for a few bucks as well if that's all you need, I would call and ask.

Comment

Have you tried Pep Boys? I used to get them there.....haven't checked in a couple months though.
                      Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
                        Have you tried Pep Boys? I used to get them there.....haven't checked in a couple months though.
                        I just bought three yellow ones but haven't unsealed them yet.
                        Why do these say to discard after use?

Is there a reason or does Pep Boys just want you to buy more?

Comment

You don't need to throw them away after using. They are pretty easy to clean and very durable in my experience.

Comment

My local Pep Boys sells them too.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Dragon View Post
                              My local Pep Boys sells them too.
                              Yes... 3 for 4$ or so....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');