• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Winter Wax

I live in the north where they use a LOT of road salt in the winter. You may know that salt water is very corrosive on unprotected metal. The main car is four years old. As for not seeing rust on newer cars, I would partially agree. No rust that you can see. A lot of people on this site spend a lot of time polishing, waxing, and caring for their paint, but I would hazard a guess that their undercarriages are neglected. My undercarriage, brake lines, springs, calipers, etc. look like the day it rolled off the line. My daughter's car is four years old also, never been rust sprayed, and no visible rust in the body, but if you look underneath it is full of rust. No, not rusting though anything but just rusted through the paint on various components. Her brake lines have rust on them. Struts are rusty. Calipers are rusty. Etc. I like to take car of my whole car, not just want people normally see.

Comment

My friend gave me his Autoglym Super Resin Polish to try. Anyone here has experience of this product?

So, I will use this followed by 2 coats of #16. I will give a few hours for the 1st coat to cure before the 2nd coat.

Comment

#16 is generally thought of as the last step; no reason to top it with a polish, & the SRP is a cleaner as well so it may take off some of your 16. I'd leave well enough alone.

Comment

I meant applying the polish first, then 2 coats of #16.

Comment

Sorry, I misread what you wrote.

Comment

Anyone has experience with this Super Resin Polish?

From what I read, it is similar to Cleaner Wax.

Comment

Mis3, being a Brit, I used AutoGlym products for years before recognising the abilities of Meguiars products.
                Super Resin Polish was my go to polish purely because of the reputation AG has in the UK, however, I don't like the way it creates dust when wiping off.
                Also, it is a pain to use if your vehicles bodywork is mildly warm, let alone hot from the sun.

So, overall it is a good product but I prefer others.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');