• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wet Spots on Dashboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet Spots on Dashboard

I'm wondering if I might get some help fixing some "wet spots" I have on my dashboard and glove compartment. If anyone already knows what I'm talking about then perhaps you can help me describe it and perhaps you have some advice on how to fix it?

I treated my dash with some interior detailer, which leaves it with a nice matte finish. However, no matter how many applications I use, I can never seem to get rid of these "shiny" spots on the dash. Almost like someone had a greasy hand and rubbed against the dash and now it won't come out? It's irritating! Help!

I've also got some hairline scratches near the radio panel, is there anyway to remove it? Has anyone here tried PlastX?

Re: Wet Spots on Dashboard

PlastX is for clear plastic. Do you mean the scratches are in the vinyl?

As far as the dash, sometimes the vinyl isnt completely uniform, so you dont get the same look everywhere. However, if it is some grease, you would want to look at a cleaning product first, then use the dressing.

APC or APC+ is always popular around here.
    #39 Plastic and Vinyl Cleaner is a good choice as well, but a little more pricey.
    Or just get some Dawn and a damp cloth to do the cleaning.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

try warm + neutral soap to clean you dash I got rid of some greasy anoying stains on my ram dash then you reapply natural shine

Comment

I applied APC, it reduced it but it's still there if you look at it from another angle.

Comment

Then apply more?

Comment

What should the dilution be?

Comment

For the APC, APC+, it is usually 10:1 for mild cleaning, 4:1 for strong cleaning.

I usually just mix around 8:1 or so and use it for everything.

Comment

Here are a few pics, it's still there. I haven't done much since I've been busy, I'm planning on working on it this weekend.

Comment

Might want to have some terry cloth, or maybe a soft brush to work the product into the texture as well.

Comment

The shiny areas in the photo look like someone had tape on the dash. That will either leave a residue or pull the moisture out of that area. I have no specific tips though.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');