• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question on polishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on polishing

im having problems with polishing my truck with my orbital buffer. i washed the truck and also clay bared. Then i started applying mirrior glaze #7 show car glaze on a blue soft polishing pad made by buff and shine on speed setting 3 on my porter cable 7424. The problem im having is it looks great but when i look at it from the side its putting light cut marks in the paint that where not there. I only did the hood so far before i decide i better ask why this is happening and what im doing wrong and how to get rid of these cut marks

Re: Question on polishing

What type, color, etc of truck? Will a picture pick up the problem?

Other products, pads you have?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Its a silver chevy silverado. Im using meguires mirror glaze show car finish then topping it with meguires mirror glaze sealent. I have red, black, blue, and green pads all of which are buff shine pads. I can get a picture of it but you only can see it in certain lights from the side and directly above in certain lights. Its like theres dirt on the pad get pushed into the paint but the trucks washed clay bared the pads are brand new and i wipe down the section before i buff it.

Comment

Something like that would also often sound like you were using too aggressive of an approach, and leaving some marring behind. But really cant get milder than #7, and the pad choice seems reasonable.

How much product were you putting onto the pad, how big of a work area?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I hope you washed the truck or QD'ed after using the clay? M07 is a pure polish and has no compound in it ( no scratch removal property ). Sounds like you need to remove some scratches now. Perhaps some swirl X or Ultimate Polish, then glaze and wax. Make sure to not drag the cord from your buffer across the paint ( always have the cord over your shoulder). I hope you are using micro fiber towels and not terry cloth.
          BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');