• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new tires...cleaning question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new tires...cleaning question

i know on new tire there is a like a wax or something on it to help it remove from the mold after cleaning them with my tire cleaner,surf city garage beyond steel wheel cleaner, which has cleaned everything and anything ive thrown at it, but when cleaning the sidewalls of the tires it didnt remove the wax, it also didnt remove the yellow mark on the tire which i found weird cause on my old tires when i got them new it remove he dot after scrubing twice, but i also have to say the yellow dot on these tires is more then i dot it looks like someone got carried away cause the yellow dot is the whole length of the side wall. my question is was what OTC tire cleaner should i get to clean the side walls with?

I've always had good luck with Westley's Bleche White cut 1:1. As for the yellow dot. Try some 3m General Purpose Adhesive Remover and a small brush. I've noticed in the past that some of my new tires just had to wear off on their own before they would take to a dressing. Good luck!

Comment

Re: new tires...cleaning question

id rather not use bleche white cause isnt that made for white side walls only? i hope it comes off soon.

Comment

Re: new tires...cleaning question

That will all come off in a week or so of driving and washing. I would not use the Westley's stuff either.

Comment

I also noticed that the Lubricant they use to mount the tires on the wheels didn't come off either. I assume its because it stuck to the release wax on the tireWhat tire cleaner should I use, the weather is getting cold and I will be putting the hose away soon so I would like to clean and remove that stuff from the tires ASAP.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');