• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove these DISOs and scratche? (+photo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove these DISOs and scratche? (+photo)

Hi All

I washed my brand new car with Gold Class for the first time and clayed it totally. (great result so far).

As you see in photos, there are fine swirls (DISO) on most panels, especially on trunk and hood. Furthermore, there is a 4 inch scratch on hood that could be detected by nail

What’s your suggestion for
    1. fine swirls?
    2. 4 inch scratch? On my best knowledge it’s hard to fix such scratches even by Ult. Compound. But I want to do my best.

I have Ult. Compound, ColorX, Ult. Polish.

I want most depth and shiny result. Hence, I desire to apply Ult. Polish, but thought it's better to ask about its cleaning ability for swirls.
    (After cleaning and/or polishing, I would apply Ult. Wax and Yellow Wax)

TIA . . .

Re: How to remove these DISOs and scratche? (+photo)

Do a test spot with the UC.

Working by hand?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you.
      Yes, just hand
      After UC, could I apply ult. Polish for more depth?

Comment

You won't be able to completely remove that scratch, but you should be able to minimize it's appearance by working it passionately with ultimate compound. You will need to make many passes over it with firm pressure on the pad.

As for the swirls, you should be able to take them out by hand to an extent with ultimate compound. I would definitely follow up with Ultimate Polish, it will give your paint some extra gloss and clarity. Be sure to follow it up with a wax to "seal in" and protect all of your hard work. Ultimate Wax is a great choice, as is Gold Class Carnauba Plus (and it's half the price of UW).

Comment

So, today evening i would test UC for both scratch and swirls with different pressures (more pressure for scratch and less for swirls).
          then would follow it with Ult. polish and Ult.Wax today, and Yellow Wax tomorrow.

I clayed yesterday, so I should remove dusts before UC today. may i use UQD and SSM to prepare it?

Comment

It's always a good idea to make sure you are working on the cleanest possible surface. I would give the car a quick mist of quick detailer then wipe it down. The UQD and the microfiber clothes are for exactly this purpose, go ahead and use them.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');