• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tax? how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax? how?

can anyone out there that owns their own business try
    to explain the procedure to me?
    I'm just about set to start my business,but I need to know
    how the tax procedure works.
    how do I tax wax? by the amount I use ?
    the D.O.R. sent me the form that explains how it works
    (sales tax and use form)

but I'm totally new to this,and its very confusing (like trying to
    read the chinese writing on a pack of firecrackers)
    any thoughts would be appreciated.
    (crash course at H+R Block??)
    "always somethin"

I don't charge tax. Most service type businesses don't. Then I take all my numbers to my accountant and he tells me what to pay the uncle.
    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

where in florida are you starting your business?

Comment

central Florida area
        "always somethin"

Comment

If you sell the product over your counter, you will need to tax it, but if you are just using it, then it is a tool of your trade, and a write off-save the reciepts

As far as i know.

Comment

Every area is different. If you are selling a product, you need to charge tax for it. If you are providign a service that is making a physical change to something, such as construction type work, you need to charge a transaction privilege tax. If you are detailing or providing a service that is not making a physical change to something, such as Detailing, pressure washing and power washing, you do not need to pay a tax in my area.
            If you still have questions, you can go to the tax licensing department, or call them on the phone to see if you need to charge tax. They are usually really good, and honest about it.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');