• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you polish the car constantly cause damage to the paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you polish the car constantly cause damage to the paint?

Hello guys

I have a question bothering me a lot,,,
    Do you mean constantly polishing the car every 10 months, causing damage to the paint?
    Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in very hot weather,severe dust and dust ,therefore we need to polish the car continuously
    Do you polish the paint causing a damage over time?

my car is Lexus es350
    Model 2008

I don't think polishing does any real damage, especially when you do it every 10 months. No worries in my opinion.
    Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
    ---------
    SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Re: Do you polish the car constantly cause damage to the paint?

There is a finite amount of clear coat / ultra violet protection, so over polishing may cause problems

"Clear Coat Thickness and UV Protection Removed by Polishing" - http://www.autopia.org/forum/guide-d...polishing.html
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

If you're using a DA with a cleaner polish like M205 every 10 months then no, you are fine. Even using Ultimate Compound once a year is perfectly fine. I use Ultimate Compound once a year and M205 (or now Ultimate Polish) once or twice between that.

If you are compounding with a wool pad on a rotary with M105 every 10 months then you may have a problem....both with the paint and your maintenance.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Yeah, you may use a mild cleaner/polish then wax, or cleaner/wax quite often.

The sun/sand alone wont require strong compounds, etc every time.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');