• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it disrespectful?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it disrespectful?

Disrespectful is probably the wrong word for this subject, but I was wondering if some of you guys get kind of offended when people don't reply to your suggestions. I don't think I have ever replied just to say I appreciate the help or anything like that. I pretty much just do what you guys suggest and leave the thread. Is it customary or expected to leave a quick thanks on forums? I don't give much advice, but I was just curious on whether it is the appropriate thing to do.

Hey,

It is a nice gesture to say "thanks" but it is not necessary. I think the key to remember is that many of us, even the Mods are not employees but rather volunteers. So, it is nice to hear that someone you have helped has experienced success.

Just IMHO.

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I always try to thank someone for the help, but its not a big deal if someone doesn't thank me or reply back. Its nice to hear ~ sometimes you wonder whats happened/did it work/what ever.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

I like to show my appreciation for suggestions people give me. I believe I sent Mike Phillips a singing telegram for one of his brilliant ideas...j/k

Seriously, though, I do like it when people acknowledge my suggestion, and I try to acknowledge theirs.
        "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
        R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Well, I guess I'll start leaving after pics or a quick thanks. I'll start with this one.

Thanks

Comment

I believe one should show their appreciation to some sound advice by sending them a case of NXT.

------ OR AT THE VERY LEAST A BOTTLE OF RUM.

I don't know thats just me I guess.
            Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I for sure always say thanks ,for a thanks and also so those who helped know that I ,being the poster ,have read and appriciated the help.
              2004 MY C5 ,2005 SLK350[BLACK],.1999 Black Suburban .

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');