• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trim dressing that won't run in rain?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trim dressing that won't run in rain?

I have had bad luck with exterior trim dressings running down the side of my vehicle when it rains. I usually apply the products with a foam brush or terry applicator, and then wipe off the excess.

Please recommend the best exterior trim dressing that stays on the trim and not on the paint. The product should be usable on all trim such as window mouldings, bumpers, door handles, truck bed rail caps, rubber seals, plastic (smooth or grained), etc. For tires, I can use something else, I just need 1 product for all the trim.

For Megs, would you recommend?

#38?
    #40?
    All Season Dressing?
    Something else?

I would prefer something that you just wipe on and walk away or at least something you WOWO without having to come back later.

Many thanks!

Re: Trim dressing that won't run in rain?

Originally posted by smprince1
    I have had bad luck with exterior trim dressings running down the side of my vehicle when it rains. I usually apply the products with a foam brush or terry applicator, and then wipe off the excess.

Please recommend the best exterior trim dressing that stays on the trim and not on the paint. The product should be usable on all trim such as window moldings, bumpers, door handles, truck bed rail caps, rubber seals, plastic (smooth or grained), etc. For tires, I can use something else, I just need 1 product for all the trim.

For Megs, would you recommend?

#38?
    #40?
    All Season Dressing?
    Something else?

I would prefer something that you just wipe on and walk away or at least something you WOWO without having to come back later.

Many thanks!
    For your application, the best product we would recommend from our line would be our
    M3832 Tire & Trim Dressing Gel

This is very rich conditioning and protecting gel and as long as you don't overuse the product you can easily wipe it on, and then wipe it off and move on.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

What about the trim? Do all products "run" if they get wet?

Comment

Hey,

The amount a product runs, any product/brand, is based on how well the excess is removed. I always thoroughly wipe down the trim etc with a dedicated MF towel after leaving the dressing sit for about 5minutes or so. This will minimize the product from running in the rain.

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

You know, I had that problem with #39 and #40. Looked good when you put it on, but when it rained it looked like ****.

But that's BEFORE I had my Ultimate Wipes to dry the excess with. I guess you just gotta get in there and really scrub it off?

Is #38's texture like a gel?
          FL

Comment

Hey,

Yes, #38 is a gel. I prefer the gel as I leave it sit on the vertical and horizontal surfaces for about 5 minutes before wiping off. On vertical surfaces especially, the gel works fantastic!!!

Tim
            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Originally posted by 2hotford
              Hey,

Yes, #38 is a gel. I prefer the gel as I leave it sit on the vertical and horizontal surfaces for about 5 minutes before wiping off. On vertical surfaces especially, the gel works fantastic!!!

Tim
              Hmm, I just might have to try that.
              FL

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');