• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's good for wood?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's good for wood?

My Aurora has real wood trim on the console and around the instrument panel. Does this stuff require a specialized product to clean and preserve it?

That wood has a clear coating over it, any automotive paint product like polish and wax will work on it. I used to do piano tuning and finish repair and I used automotive polishes on the high gloss pianos, just had to transfer it to another bottle so as not to annoy the customer and give my secrets away.

I would stay away from window cleaner that may contain amonia or vinyl products like Armour All that will leave a film or streaks.

Comment

Would the Interior Quik Detailer be a good choice for this?
      "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
      R.A. Heinlein

Comment

The question is would you use that product on a painted surface which is what a clearcoated wood would be? Their regular Quick Detailer would be a better choice.

Comment

Hey,

The Quik Interior Detailer works great on all interior surfaces!

However, as Buellwinkle pointed out, the woodgrain will most likely be clear coated or plastic coated. As a result, using a product like Meguiar's PlastX or as mentioned the Quik Interior Detailer will work very well in keeping the wood grain looking its best!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I actually use Old English wood furniture wipes for my CTS. Cleans nice and leaves the surface super smooth.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');