• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nxt over AIO ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nxt over AIO ?

Newbie here... and please don't tell me to search because I just did and can't find the specific answer.

Plus I broke my back putting on 1 pass of #9 swirl remover, 1 coat of AIO and 3 coats of SG in the last few days on the wifemobile. (using a PC but its a suv!!)

I have 2 coats Nxt on my own rides and they look great and needed much less work then Klasse. But I like the cleaning results of AIO. So my question is, will Nxt stick well to AIO???

Many thanks....

I've found AIO is not real popular on this forum. Maybe unpopular isn't fair how about talked about. Over the last few weeks I've used AIO then topped with #21 the new sealant. I think that AIO is a solid foundation to build off of rather than some other polishes the might contain carnauba (not a brand or type in particular)

Take a look
    Review of #21 Synthetic Sealant

Follow up of #21 Review

My feeling is NXT should bond quite well to the AIO.

Hopefully this info is better than a search. Good luck

Comment

Hey yogibear458

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Klasse AIO is a great product! You should have no problem topping it with the NXT Tech Wax!

The only reason AIO is not discussed a lot on MOL is that we tend to take a system approach. As a result of staying within one system, it is predictable what results can be obtained. However, there is nothing wrong with trying different combinations of brands! In fact, that is a lot of the fun in detailing!

Cheers!
      Tim
      Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

NXT goes over AIO very nicely.
        My detailing process was based on NXT until I finally got AIO and tried it. Now I find a lot of what I do revolves around AIO.
        It applies so easily, cleans and polishes paint, glass, trim, etc. and leaves behind a finish that is friendly to any LSP.
        I would be more worried about what you use before AIO. Using a pure polish like #7, AIO might clean away all the polishing oils.
        AIO works best as a polish step for me, using only swirl removers before and LSPs after.

Comment

Yep, I agree! AIO makes a great foundation for most synthetic products.......... not just NXT!
          Boss_429

Comment

Great!!! and thanks for your input and the warm welcome.

I'm having fun with my PC which I bought last November and didnt have a chance to use it until last week (weather). I think I'll do my sister's car next....to get more practice before I'll do mine. I missed a quite a bit of light scratches on the wifemobile so I'll be sure to have proper lighting next time.

Back to work now .....

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');