• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UC by hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC by hand?

So I gave UC a try on the hood by hand and wasn't able to get the ideal results.. so it got me if hand applying UC was really as affective as say the DA. Should I maybe put down a few applications of it? I did some force on the pad but I'm not convinced I applied enough. Any thoughts?

Re: UC by hand?

How many section passes did you do? Did you overlap your motions? Did it improve the imperfections?
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Likely would need a couple applications by hand

In most cases, the DA will be more effective. It is just able to work the product against the paint more quickly and evenly, without tiring out.

If you work by hand, and want to apply more pressure, be carefull not to work on too small of an area. You dont want to force the product into the paint in a tiny spot. Use under your palm, or under fingers, and stay 6x6 or so at least.

How not good were the results. What did you apply with?
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I did 2 passes over it sense it was getting pretty dark. Not much of an improvement, but yes I did overlap my passes. Was about a 1'x1' area.

Comment

Just UC and MF pads. Wasn't any difference

Comment

I say just get a DA! I did UC by hand on my truck once and I put a lot of time into it and never got close to what I wanted. Even with the DA, I still had to do multiple passes to completely remove swirls.
            Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
            ---------
            SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Well, as long as it wasnt terry cloth, or a poor MF adding/moving swirls around.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');