• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Recommended GLASS MF Towel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Recommended GLASS MF Towel?

I don't see one dedicated to glass on the sight, so I assumed they recommend using the Supreme Shine, or Waffle Weave Drying towels they offer. Any comments appreciated on what you know about the meguiars towels offered, or if you use your own. Thankyou!
    Why walk through life when you can strut.

--- Tobymac

Re: Meguiars Recommended GLASS MF Towel?

I've never liked the dedicated glass towels. I usually use the small MF towels from Target for things like glass, interior, etc.

Could look into an Ult. Wipe if you wanted something from Meguiars perhaps...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

The Supreme Shine MF works well and there isn't a MF made specifically for the windows. Some people even use newspaper to wipe their windows.

Comment

i just use the el cheapo big box store MFs for glass & interiors. Used with NXT glass cleaner, always crystal clear.
        I bought several hundred MF towels from Walmart, Canadian Tire, etc....usually a 25 pk for $8-10 on sale. I also have 2 dozen of the Megs SS towels & a dozen of the Megs Ult wipe towels....but these are for paint only
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Yeah guys, I've noticed that the microfiber towels from walmart, target, autozone work just fine. And after I wash them, there is no lint, so there great. I orginally bought the Cobra waffle weave towel for glass, from autogeek.net but will never, ever spend $10.00 for one microfiber ever again. The towels I already have work fine enough! Thanks for your input!
          Why walk through life when you can strut.

--- Tobymac

Comment

The best method for cleaning glass is using two towels. First one can be any good MF, paper towels, or old school newspaper. This towel gets up most of the dirt and starts the polish process. Second towel must both pick up remaining dirt and finish polishing off the glass. The water magnet works well on glass. Big key is to keep these towels separated from MF used for wax, polish or quick touch ups. Always wash glass towels by themselves to avoid picking up any contamination that would just in turn be spread onto the glass. Nice towels make it easier but technique is what makes it work.

Comment

I use "green - for glass" MF towels. I use one or two depending on the level of build-up (bugs, dust, and so on...) on the glass. One side to spread glass cleaner and the other side to buff.

I would find what works best for you and stick with it. Pollutants, dust, pollen and/or rain is different in each part of the nation. The same goes with wax, polish, QD and any other detail product.

Comment

Hi, everyone. This is my first post, although I've been obtaining lots of useful information here for nearly a year.

After some experimentation over a number of years, I hit upon the two-towel method that erobertson also recommends. I used a Meguiar's terry towel and elbow grease to remove greasy film from the glass before using a Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to finish.

But in the past year, there has been a Meguiar's branded "green for glass" MF towel in the Australian market. Meguiar's, you need to bring this out in the US market - it's superior to anything I've used before, and I can sometimes even do away with the first wipe.

I'm now waiting for my shipment of Perfect Clarity from the US to see whether the result is even better.

Comment

I use the two-sided towels. One side has nylon mesh for bug removal and microfiber on the other. Usually spray glass cleaner on the mesh side and rub the glass and the wipe off with the microfiber side finally follow up with a second microfiber. Occasionally, spray cleaner directly to the glass, but prefer not to avoid compromising wax on paint. Bought several "as seen on TV" plastic handles for interior glass.

All green, glass towels are washed separately from all other towels to avoid any contamination with wax or compounds.

A couple of years ago there was a glass cleaner in a holiday gift pack, my wife loved it and she has one bottle left. I use D121 routinely, but purchased numerous gift packs with Perfect Clarity this last holiday. Now I carry the small bottles of Perfect in my car.

While I have several microfibers sold as "glass microfibers" I dont use them.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  David

Comment

Originally posted by erobertson View Post
                    The best method for cleaning glass is using two towels. First one can be any good MF, paper towels, or old school newspaper. This towel gets up most of the dirt and starts the polish process. Second towel must both pick up remaining dirt and finish polishing off the glass. The water magnet works well on glass. Big key is to keep these towels separated from MF used for wax, polish or quick touch ups. Always wash glass towels by themselves to avoid picking up any contamination that would just in turn be spread onto the glass. Nice towels make it easier but technique is what makes it work.
                    Wow, guess I'm not the only one. Yesterday evening I stomped around after trying to clean my glass only to have streaks everywhere. And, this morning it was even worse with the sunrise. I concluded that it is the darn Meg MF towels. Used one towel to clean thoroughly and one for a final clean w/ dry - still streaks. A few weeks ago I tried paper towels on the glass (which worked) but returned to the MF towels after washing them carefully. No luck, still filled with gunk.

How should MF towels be washed to ensure that a quick detail towel, a wax or polish removal towel and a glass cleaner towel can be used interchangeably?
                    2016 Acura ILX

Comment

Originally posted by Lexus Nerd View Post
                      Hi, everyone. This is my first post, although I've been obtaining lots of useful information here for nearly a year.

After some experimentation over a number of years, I hit upon the two-towel method that erobertson also recommends. I used a Meguiar's terry towel and elbow grease to remove greasy film from the glass before using a Supreme Shine Microfiber Towel to finish.

But in the past year, there has been a Meguiar's branded "green for glass" MF towel in the Australian market. Meguiar's, you need to bring this out in the US market - it's superior to anything I've used before, and I can sometimes even do away with the first wipe.

I'm now waiting for my shipment of Perfect Clarity from the US to see whether the result is even better.
                      I've never seen the green cloth in the shops, but there are a lot of products which Meguiars NZ lists that you can't get in regular brick n mortar shops... Smitsgroup does list them online, so one day I'm going to put an order in for multiple products, and that will be on the list, along with amongst other things a bottle of APC as you can't get the Detailer products from your typical hardware shop (although the odd bottle of Bodyshop stuff shows up from time to time)... We do seem to get quite a few products not listed on the US market...

Comment

I dunno.. I tosss it all together.

One thing I have seen often is that if a some glass cleaner leaves streaks, people will apply more. Usually the answer is less. If a person needs a lot of cleaner to remove a lot of dirt, a second go around with a real light mist can be best.

RainX also seems to even out any streaking from a glass cleaner, at least to me. So if you are going to follow up with something, may not need to even worry about it on the outside.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by erobertson View Post
                          Good point, you're the FIRST PERSON , who FINALLY came along and made sense of this window washing pain in the A** thing, and you didnt take nine months expalining it either, do you have any other tips on window cleaning ?

Coop
                          A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can't

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');