• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT tech Wax eats paint?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT tech Wax eats paint?!

I decided to practice my detailing "skills" on my project car.

Before:

not a great pic, but you can see how dirty and nasty the paint was.

I washed quarter panel, then clayed it, and applied #80 with my G100 on a W8006. It looked great! (sorry I didn't get a picture at this point)

I then hand applied NXT Tech Wax. Let it sit about 15 minutes, and then remvoed with a Supreme Shine Microfiber.

The NXT ATE THE PAINT!!!

What products can I use to put the paint back on? I was thinking #83 with the G100 might help? or maybe ColorX by hand?

Thanks!!
    Brian

Hi Brian,

Is this a joke?

If NXT Tech Wax removed the paint on your car, then the first thing I have to do is question the integrity of the paint it removed?

Was it some type of rattle can paint?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Welcome to April everybody

Nobody posted anything for April fools, so I had to be the smart$$$.

That all was done with a nylon brush on a drill. Someone had done a very poor repair/bondo job on it. The bondo was over 1/2" thick in places.

Comment

Hey,

LOL!!! I like April Fools jokes!! For minute there I thought, oh no, can't I just have a peaceful Friday!!!

My local radio station played an April Fools joke telling everyone to cover their phones with plastic bags as the telephone company was going to blow dust out the lines for Spring cleaning!!!! LOL! The funny part was how mad some people were as they phoned in to complain about the telephone company for making them late for work! I guess some turned around and went home to cover their phones! LOL LOL LOL!! I laughed sooooooooooo hard when I heard this!!! Best part, one lady even asked if she should cover her cordless phone!!! LOL!!!!!

Take care,

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Ha Ha Ha!

That's pretty funny!

I forgot that it's April Fools Day!

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
            Hi Brian,

Was it some type of rattle can paint?
            Oh man........... that's funnier than the original post! Good one Mike!

I'm laughing my butt off.............
            Boss_429

Comment

That was a good one!

I can appreciate a good April Fools joke

Comment

Not funny at all.......We are in the middle of a huge rainstorm here in the east...I had to go see if the paint was still on my car....LOL

Andy

It still is....Thank Goodness
                Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                Andy M. Moderator

Comment

ROFL

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');