• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ramsey Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsey Car

Heard of Dave Ramsey? Well, long story short, I sold my 04 6sp TL to get out of payments and bought a 98 Accord sedan. With a car of that age and mileage, there are some issues. Sure I am on a super budget, but if I can make the car look good for a few bucks why not? Issues are...

Paint fade on roof and spotty on hood. It isnt bad, but it will guess worse, anything i can apply to prolong or improve the look? Should I stay away from claying these areas? Should I hold of on the DA in these areas?

Vinyl seat belts and plastic holds are disgusting, good product to get em clean?

Same for seats and cloth surfaces, not horrible, but would be nice to know they are "clean"

Any thoughts are appreciated. It has all the swirls you could want, so am going to tackle those when I have time, though 2 kids and a wife come first so there isnt a whole lot of time left.

Thanks for looking!
    04 TL Silver
    04 CR-V Taffeta White

Re: Ramsey Car

Any chance of pics?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Sure, it ll have to wait til the weekend though. I suppose pics of the 3 areas of concern would be most beneficial.
      04 TL Silver
      04 CR-V Taffeta White

Comment

I would like to see pics as well. I don't like hearing you say that your paint is fading. 6th generation Accords (98-02) are notorious for premature clear coat failure.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

oh yeah, believe me, at my price point ($3k) and my stipulations of needing a 4-door manual in the 6th gen flavor, I saw much worse with regards to paint. I new it going in, that it wouldnt win any beauty pageants, but the engine is strong and checked out mechanically sound by my mechanic. If I can just improve the finish a bit I would be please. but again, it is a ramsey car. our CRV is the car for now that I will really focus on keeping nice.
          04 TL Silver
          04 CR-V Taffeta White

Comment

sorry for the delay, first pic is of the roof, same condition on the hood behind the windsheild squirters, albeit not as bad, 2nd is of the seat belt holder, very grimey, need some safe but effective.

04 TL Silver
            04 CR-V Taffeta White

Comment

The seat belt holder looks like some APC/Dishsoap/other general cleaner and a terry cloth towel would be a start.

As for the paint, the roof looks to be clear coat failure. Probably same story on the hood. Nothing you can really do about it... and yeah, can be best to just polish/wax those areas lightly by hand.

Do you have many products, etc already?
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I have nothing for the interior. I have quick wax and detailer and #21 polish, so no claying or DA there? Should I just apply by hand? How about upholstery?

Thanks!
                04 TL Silver
                04 CR-V Taffeta White

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');