• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with PlastX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with PlastX

The other day I was trying to shine up my headlights using plastx and a powerball mini. They didn't come out how I wanted them too. It almost looked like nothing happened. They aren't yellow or oxidized I just wanted to make them shinier. Should I just use a hand applicator and plastx? Which type of applicator? MF or foam?

Re: Need help with PlastX

I usually have had better luck with microfiber applicators when using PlastX. The MF seems to have a little bit more aggression than does the foam.

Comment

You can try by hand...

Not sure how agressive you want to get. If they are in good shape, dont want to just remove the UV coating for fun.

Can always wax them some for a bit of gloss.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've had success with PlastX, I usually apply it by hand using a microfiber applicator. I find that plastic headlights tougher than paint, so i prefer microfiber or terry towel for headlights because they offer more bite than foam applicators. Mine usually comes out shiny and clearer, but i usually apply wax after for more shine and better protection.

Comment

i used PlastX with my GG3 DA and a GG orange polish pad on my 99 Prelude prior to selling last yr, easily got rid of very light oxidation and made it nice & shiney.
          Headlight protectant was not out yet, so i used a regular application of UQW.....I might buy a few of the Megs 3" DAMF pads since it seems to have a bit more bite.
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');