• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polish Breaking Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polish Breaking Down

I am curious when polish is exposed to freezing temperatures does that cause it to become extremely liquidy? During the winter months I once ordered a large bottle of polish and it was shipped. Once arrived it was way to runny. This makes it very hard when polishing and you put it on your pad, it can run off very easily and then your wasting product.

If it is from the cold I guess it would have to be shipped in a heated truck which no doubt would cost a fair amount.

Re: Polish Breaking Down

Extreme heat, extreme cold. Sitting for a long time. Some are naturally runnier than others.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Polish Breaking Down

Polish uses solvents as a carrier system and th enable the polish to spread evenly on the paint surface, some polishes use wax or oils as a lubriction system. In freezing temperatures the product contents solidify, except for the solvents

As Murr1525 has sugested avoid extreme temps when storing detailing products
      ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');