• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing a place to park my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a place to park my car

Dear all,

I wash my car weekly using hyper wash, wax it monthly with NXT 2.0, and do compound or polish once every 6 months.

I drive my car to my office around 7 in the morning, let it on the middle of car park, and drive it back yo home around 5 in the afternoon.

I have 2 option to park my car, directly under the sunlight, or park my car under a tree. under the direct sunlight make me worries about UV protection layer of my car, but sap of the tree also had to be consider since I found it difficult to clean, even when I am using UC.

I believe there will be no a true-false answer, so please keep this discussion objective.

Thank you
    ======================

=======================

Re: Choosing a place to park my car

I always park my car out in the open. You never know what will fall from underneath a tree. Before you park anywhere, check the asphalt for clues as to what could drop on your paint. Bird droppings and sap are the most common pitfalls, but sometimes the hazard is not on the ground. I never park under pine trees cuz you never know when the tree will let loose with a pine cone. Even a small 2-3 ounce cone can cause a nice little dent to the sheet metal as it picks up speed during its freefall. I also stay away from eucalyptus trees for similar reasons. Eucalyptus trees have the nasty tendency of being brittle and dropping small branches. I have a nice little teardrop dent in my hood from just such an event.

Comment

I prefer parking in open than under a tree because of my bad experience with bird dropping etching. Some big dropping could eat thru wax and etching into clear coat in couple hours.
      2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

Well, I have to be different as usual. I would prefer to park under a tree. The trees in my part of the country seem to retain their sap. so it is not an issue. A bird dropping or two, I can deal with. But parking in the blazing sun all day, with a black car, on which paint one could fry a egg, and an interior at at least 150 degrees, that just cannot be good for a car, no matter how much UV protection it has. Not to mention the possibility of hail during a thunderstorm.

Comment

You could buy one of those car covers

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');