• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Liquid Wax Hand Application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Liquid Wax Hand Application

How thick do you apply the ultimate liquid wax?

I gave my car 2 coats and it just doesn't seem to be what I expected. After the next wash i also applied UQW. I have waxed with other brands of liquid wax and if I were to throw an MF towel on the hood afterward it would almost float across and slide right off the other end. After these 2 coats I can throw an MF towel on but it just slides a foot or so and stops. Water beads nicely but doesn't run off like I have come to expect from a newly waxed vehicle.

I know these tests aren't the be all end all of a good detailing job but I was just wondering if maybe I missed proper application here or not?

Re: Ultimate Liquid Wax Hand Application

Really thin. If you apply too thick, it will just be a pain to remove.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ok. Then I feel as if I applied it correctly. It has a nice reflection and shine to it (black paint) so why does it not bead and run off nicely when it rains or have that slippery glass finish to the touch (or MF as I put it).

Is it an issue with the buffing step? Maybe I didn't let it sit and dry long enough?

It still looks good but as I said just doesn't seem to have the water replying properties I have seen with other waxes I have used. I can't see it being the wax so I figure it has to be the detailer!

Comment

Did you do prep work before applying? I find when i clay and polish the car, the wax bonds to the paint so much better. I follow up with a second coat after a week and the results are fantastic.

Comment

I washed, dried and then clayed the entire car but did not polish. Went straight to 2 coats of ultimate liquid wax. I skipped this step as the car was only 2 days old.

Before I knew anything about detailing I used to just wash and then wax and got that smooth water repelling finish.

I guess I just figured that adding the clay bar in between the wash and wax would give me an even smoother finish. I was just surprised when I threw the MF on the hood and it went nowhere. I know it's kind of stupid but whenever I waxed before I loved how you could throw the MF on there and it just seemed to float across the car.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');