• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dentless body repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dentless body repair

I have some dents that I want repaired. Looking at this http://metalmagicnw.com/

Two dents on rear quarter panel fixed for $75. The paint does not need touching up.

Went to a place that does touch-up and other minor work. They said I would need to have a body shop take care of it.

Body shop said $200.

Anyone used a dentless process. Satisfied with the process?

Re: Dentless body repair

For dentless repair I have had it done and if done by a reputable company/shop they can bring the dent out no problem.

What kind of touch-ups are you talking about? Rock chip repai? If so you should try out Dr. Color Chip and do it yourself.
    Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
    2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
    2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
      For dentless repair I have had it done and if done by a reputable company/shop they can bring the dent out no problem.

What kind of touch-ups are you talking about? Rock chip repai? If so you should try out Dr. Color Chip and do it yourself.
      No touch up paint needed. However, I have some very scratches on another panel - extremely narrow - but deep. Not sure if Dr. Color Chip would help this or just use touch up paint.

Comment

I assume it's fine to polish the area after repairing with Dr. Color Chip???

Comment

Race Grandpa,

PDR is great. Unfortunately I have been a regular user over the past fifteen years....starting when I dropped a pc on the roof of my pick-up as I was polishing it. I've had lots of minor dents removed as well as extensive hail damage on three different vehicles...quart-sized hail, not boulders. I good PDR tech can work magic. He will use a variety of push and/or pull techniques to "git-r-done". Just make sure you go to a reputable place.

I'm not a fan of Dr. Color Chip. I do my touch-ups the "old-fashioned way. Check with the place that you are having the PDR done to see what they recommend.

Tom

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');