• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sticky rear deck and some dash pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky rear deck and some dash pieces

Hey y'all. First post for me! I searched around but didn't find an answer to this.

I have a 2012 Hyundai Elantra. The plastic rear deck has become tacky and I can't seem to find a way to remove the film. There is also a piece on the dash doing the same. The rest of the dash and other plastic everywhere else is fine. The only product that I have ever used on this is Quik Interior Detailer Cleaner, maybe 3 times. I haven't noticed anything when cleaning the interior before, and the QID did not remove it. I then tried a wet rag with Dawn dishsoap with no results. The weather has been extremely hot for a while now- 100+ daily for like two weeks straight, so I don't know if it the head causing this or what. Any solutions?

Re: Sticky rear deck and some dash pieces

Is there an actual film/residue that you can see?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

No visible film or residue. I did notice that when it was cooler the other day that it was less sticky.

Comment

The extreme heat is probably softening the plastic and the coating on it.
        Try parking in the shade or get a sun-blocking screen.

Comment

I have confirmed that this is heat related. I felt the deck at night after it had cooled and it was not sticky. I'm going to put some Meg's Natural Shine on it when it is cool to see if that helps prevent it from getting sticky when it is hot.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');