• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to removed road tar spots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to removed road tar spots

Just wondering, I have done a search but haven't found anything on how to remove road tar spots . My car is covered in them and washing didn't do anything and I'm not too sure if even claying would remove them as they seem to be stuck to the car pretty well. Any ideas?

Re: How to removed road tar spots

Meguiar's Body Solvent or Stoner's Tarminator come to mind.

Check out your local Meguiar's retailer for the body solvent and grab it if you can. Meguiar's discontinued this product.

This thread could help you: Body Solvent
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks for that. Our local only has the newest products at the most ridiculous prices so I will search around for a alternative.

Comment

Kerosine or Charcoal starting fluid (Same thing) apply some on a rag and wipe off. It will also remove any wax you have but it will not harm paint.

Comment

What Mark ^^^^^^ says...good ol' kerosene. Cheap and effective.

Bill

Comment

TW Bug & Tar Remover

The best value I've found is Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover. It can be had at Walmart for around $4 and works wonders. Be sure to regularly switch to the clean section of the rag. For the big chunks let it soak for a couple minutes, but not too long.

Comment

Re: TW Bug & Tar Remover

Thanks for the advice....

Comment

Murr has been recommending a product called "TRIX" for a couple weeks now. It seems to be a road tar and iron remover. I personally have not used it so I can't rally comment on any effectiveness but i saw a youtube video on it and it literally was spray on wait 5-10 seconds and wipe off. And also Murr says it is good stuff and the guy is a wizard at this stuff so i put a ton of faith in him. Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');