• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Washed and Waxed....Is That It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washed and Waxed....Is That It?

Just finished washing with Soft Wash and have waxed with cleaner wax, is that all I need to do. The car is smooth as glass already and looks fantastic but I'm wondering if I should put anything else on after this. I do have some first generation NXT spray on but I tried using that on another car after I had washed and waxed and it was almost as the spray on wax was beading and once it had dried it was really hard to remove...any advice?

Re: Washed and Waxed....Is That It?

If your main goal is just to make your paint smooth and protect it then it's perfectly fine. You can use synthetic sealants such as NXT 2.0 or Ultimate Wax in place of cleaner wax because they will last longer. You can also try using Ultimate Quik Wax after every wash to protect your car quick and easy.

Does your paint have swirls? Do you want to take them out? If that's the case then you might want to consider using Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish. If you don't mind these defects, then don't worry about it.

Here's a good article to read: Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

I have a silver car so I'm not really worried about paint defects or swirls so much. Any light scratches are taken care of with UC but the car is just a everyday runabout so the main goal would just be to make the paint smooth and to protect it and look like it's looked after.

Comment

Doing something like Wash, Clay if needed, Cleaner/Wax, then a coat of regular wax (Nxt 2.0, Ult. Wax, etc) makes for a solid quick detail, and will add a bit more durability than the Cleaner/Wax alone.

Using something like the Ult. Quick Wax after future washes also will help.

And yeah, the Nxt Spray Wax wasnt a lot of fun...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');