• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Full Detail on Yellow Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Detail on Yellow Mustang

I have a yellow '03 Mustang GT coupe that I acquired in March. I've waxed it once, but not a full detail.
    I was thinking of washing with dawn, then using clay bar, then wash with GC wash, Meguiars Ultimate Compound, then M7 glaze, then NXT 2.0 and top with Mother's Carnauba. I would've used Meguiars but I couldn't find any Meguiars pure carnauba instead of GC wax

Re: Full Detail on Yellow Mustang

Originally posted by 03YellowGT View Post
    I have a yellow '03 Mustang GT coupe that I acquired in March. I've waxed it once, but not a full detail.
    I was thinking of washing with dawn, then using clay bar, then wash with GC wash, Meguiars Ultimate Compound, then M7 glaze, then NXT 2.0 and top with Mother's Carnauba. I would've used Meguiars but I couldn't find any Meguiars pure carnauba instead of GC wax
    For mothers pure carnauba, it does give crisp reflections and adds depth and warmth to paint. You may want to try the topping step on a small panel and compare it to a panel with only NXT 2.0, not that it's pointless but the differences may be to subtle to even bother. Same with M07 glaze, it may not give significant improvement to make it worth the extra step, M07 works real well on darker, richer colors.

Comment

No need for Dawn, just a good wash with the Gold Class soap is fine.

Then Clay, UC, #7, and wax.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        No need for Dawn, just a good wash with the Gold Class soap is fine.

Then Clay, UC, #7, and wax.
        So I won't just be claying the wax? I was thinking that it would work better if I removed the wax with dawn before I used clay.

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
          For mothers pure carnauba, it does give crisp reflections and adds depth and warmth to paint. You may want to try the topping step on a small panel and compare it to a panel with only NXT 2.0, not that it's pointless but the differences may be to subtle to even bother. Same with M07 glaze, it may not give significant improvement to make it worth the extra step, M07 works real well on darker, richer colors.
          Thanks for the advice. I'll try that out, not that I have a problem with spending time waxing.

Comment

If the wax was fresh, then maybe a concern. After several months, the wax wont interfere. And depending on the weather, etc that it was in, may not be much left anyway.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              If the wax was fresh, then maybe a concern. After several months, the wax wont interfere. And depending on the weather, etc that it was in, may not be much left anyway.
              The wax was a month or two old, but it didn't interfere and it worked great without the dawn. Luckily NXT 2.0 doesn't last that long.

Comment

Good thing NXT 2.0 is easy to use, and thanks to Ultimate Wax whatever durability that's there should have been addressed.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');