• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's been a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while

Since I've been on here. How's everyone? My question today is about a new car purchase for my wife. I've already ordered a new water magnet, polishing cloth and mitt. There is some chrome trim on the dash and outside the car. What is the best thing to use on the chrome that won't scratch it? The seats are half leather half suede, how do I protect light colored interior(particularly the suede)? My wheels are forged polished alloy, I'm not sure which hot wheels cleaner to use or if I should be using any cleaner on them this soon. Any other helpful tips and suggestions would be appreciated. I will probably skip claying it, it seems to not need it.
    Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Re: It's been a while

Really? 104 views and not one suggestion? Did I miss something when I was gone??
    Am i obsessed?? A car is the second biggest financial investment for most people, why not keep it looking better than new?

Comment

On the interior chrome, just the regular QID should be fine. On the exterior, you could use your regular wax, or cleaner/wax, etc.

Not sure about the suede, the Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner is good for the other leather.

The Hot Rims Aluminum Wheel Cleaner would be the mildest dedicated cleaner. Of course just regular soapy water is mildest. If you were to clean them up well, and then use the Brake Dust Barrier, the soapy water should be all you need for a while.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ok thank you. The suede is a head head scratcher. Love the way it looks but will be terrified if gets pretty dirty. Maybe there is suede specific cleaner out there somewhere, maybe a shoe store. Does windex really help make aluminum wheels shine?

Comment

Well, a glass cleaner would remove dirt. I dont know if it would affect the tar, break dust kind of things any differently. You'd probably be losing some of the lubrication of using a car wash soap or wheel cleaner though, so may be more of a chance of fine swirls over time.

Comment

Well I was thinking more of after using soap and water to clean the wheel that putting windex on a dry wheel would help the shine. I've never tried it, just heard it a few times by coworkers. Didnt want to try until I asked here.

Comment

Probably just a bit deeper of a cleaning.

Comment

For wheels, I do not bother to put any additional cleaner.
                When I wax my car, I wax the wheels as well.
                When I wash my car, I use a different wash mitten for the wheels and they come out bright and shinny.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');