• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

first time to detail my car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first time to detail my car

91 benz, black. paint is about an 8 except for the hood, roof, and trunk lid, which are about a 5 in condition, although the paint is still ok. just need to bring it out. has baked in water spots and swirls and oxidation, all of the usual suspects....

i have the m105, m205, and the carnuba gold class liquid. i'm gonna clay it this weekend. i have a DA porter cable 7424, i think that's the number.

so my ? is, what pads do i need to get this done. i believe i have some lake country pad somewhere, the complete set but i just can't find them right now. but i need to know, whether it be the lake country or mequire pads, which ones to use with the products i have. oh, and the speeds to use with each pad.

thanks for the help

Re: first time to detail my car

I have no experience with lake country pads so I can't really speak for them but if you have the Meg's pads then you want to use a yellow polishing pad for the m105 on a speed setting of about 5 and use a black finishing pad for both the m205 and your wax on a speed setting of about 3. Hopefully someone else can chime in on the lake country pads. If you are able to post some pics of your paint condition that can help a great deal in getting pointed in the right direction of where to start. Hope this helps! Good Luck!

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');