• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ran out of #21 on the first coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ran out of #21 on the first coat

I have been working on my car a few hours a day since last friday. I have already completed appying #105, #205, #7 and today one coat of #21

The thing is that i ran out of the synthetic sealant on the first coat and there's no way to get it where i live (have to order it) I have plenty of bottles of caranuba wax (meguiars, mothers, etc.) would i be ok applying one final coat of caranuba wax or do i really have to finish this last coat with #21?

Re: ran out of #21 on the first coat

I, too, have many waxes and I keep using the newer product, ie: UW liquid.

If you are like many folks here, you wax often so it's perfectly OK to apply your other waxes on top of #21. In fact, you should use up the other waxes before they go bad.

Comment

A lot of people will top a synthetic wax or sealant with a carnuba. It's perfectly fine and should give you great results.

Comment

Yup, carnuba is fine.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

For dark cars, many forum members here commented that adding a carnuba on top of synthetic would give a darker deep look.

I have a silver car and this layering gives little benefit.

Some of my older waxes are 3-4 years old, I have to use them quick !

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');