• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Clear Coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Clear Coat

I'm helping out my sister sell her civic...well the clear coat is very bad on it. Hazy white and such...is there any way i can fix this? Or do i need a new paint job?

thanks

You won't be able to make it perfect, but you'll likely be able to make a huge improvement. Lots of people think their paint is beyond hope, but you just need the right products.

The Meguiar's 3-step process (cleaner, polish, wax) is a good choice if you don't have an electric polisher.
    Mr. Miyagi says: "Wax on, wax off"

Comment

Start with something like ColorX, chances are it is gone, but you have nothing to lose.

Comment

what do you mean about cleaner? and would colorX be considered a polish?

thanks

Comment

nm, i did a search for the Cleaner question

any more tips?

Comment

Well, some paint can be beyond hope.. but doing the 5-step cycle will give u the best hope.

1. Wash the car with a quality car wash, any of Meguiars car washes are a good start.

2. For the best results, you can take some time to clay the car, removing more of the contaminants from teh surface. Doesnt take too long usualy.

3. Clean the paint with a good paint cleaner. ScratchX can be used by hand. It is very good, but takes a lot of effort and time.

4. Polish the paint with a quality polish. Deep Crystal #2 is a good choice.

5. Wax the finish with a good wax. Nxt wax is probably the best choice, but Gold Class, or DC#3 are also good.

As you may not want to go overboard on a car you are selling, ColorX is an exellent choice to start with. It contains a good paint cleaner, a good polish, and a good wax in one bottle. It is a bit abrasive, which will help remove some swirls. It is very good at rejuvinating an old finish, and could be a good start before trying all 5 steps.

ColorX would replace steps 3 and 4 and 5. However, though it has some wax, I would probably top it with Nxt or gold class.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525

As you may not want to go overboard on a car you are selling, ColorX is an exellent choice to start with. It contains a good paint cleaner, a good polish, and a good wax in one bottle. It is a bit abrasive, which will help remove some swirls. It is very good at rejuvinating an old finish, and could be a good start before trying all 5 steps.

ColorX would replace steps 3 and 4 and 5. However, though it has some wax, I would probably top it with Nxt or gold class.
              Can ColorX help deepen the reflection in single stage paint?
              FL

Comment

Hey,

Firstly, do you have pictures of the paint? This would really help to determine what steps may be taken.

Yes...ColorX works very well on both BC/CC and SS paints.

Tim
                Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');