• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the most aggresive product for use with an wally world buffer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats the most aggresive product for use with an wally world buffer?

Hello, I'm fighting swirl marks / scratches and so far I've been using meguiars 3 step system, well just the deep crystal cleaner and polish.

I asked this once before and was told that Medalion Premium Paint Cleaner should be the best but I can't find it locally anywhere.

I have found some #7 show car glaze, is this more aggressive than the deep crystal cleaner and deep crystal polish?

What would you all reccomend?
    I've been using a 9" wally world orbital buffer with a terry cloth bonnet.

I've used scratch X and it removes oxidation and some of the swirls but that is alot to do the entire car by hand and it takes multiple applications..

Re: Whats the most aggresive product for use with an wally world buffer?

Originally posted by 99GrandTouring
    I've used scratch X and it removes oxidation and some of the swirls but that is alot to do the entire car by hand and it takes multiple applications..
    To remove swirls and scratchs by hand, then you need to use ScratchX and focus on using excellennt technique. If you don't want to do your work by hand, then you'll need to invest in a dual action polisher like Meguiar's G100a

I just posted this to a different thread but it somewhat applies to your questions also.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A couple of things, if you want to remove swirls out of any type of paint, then you have to remove a little bit of paint in order to level or flatten out the surface as best you can.

If you want to do this by hand, then you need to use a product like ScratchX See the below link,

Before

After ScratchX, Deep Crystal Polish and one application of NXT Tech Wax Paste

The power of ScratchX by Hand!

If you want to do this by machine then you can try your orbital buffer, but if it looks similar to one of these,

Then how effective you will be will be determined by how hard the paint is because these type of polishers are not very effective at removing small particles of paint. In fact, you with your hand pushing a foam applicator with some ScratchX against the finish will be more effective in almost every case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What you can or cannot do will depend upon the type of orbital buffer you have purchased, it's pad size and OPM's, (Oscillations Per Minute). Larger, slow moving polishers are not very effective at removing small particles of paint which is what you have to do in order to remove swirls. They are good for applying or removing a wax, but not a cleaner/polish with the intended purpose of removing paint.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hi:

Unfortunately, the buffer you have just does not have enought power to do any paint correcting.

Since you mention oxidation I would consider using Colorx. The Colorx is a good cleaner wax that can be applied by hand. It will clean the paint and remove some of the swirl marks. You can find it at a lot of stores. After this step you can evaluate the surface and decide what to do next. If it looks good, you could top with NXT as an option. If the paint still has problems that you do not like, then.

One, consider taking it to a professional in your area. He will have the tools to correct the problems. After the problems have been corrected you will be able to maintain it.

Two, purchase a PC and the other tools required to correct the problem.

The #7 is a polish and is not abrasive so it will not correct paint problems. You would use it after the surface is in good condition.

The MPPC is no longer being manufactured, it is being phased out due to the VOC laws.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

KTruck
      Last edited by KTruck; Apr 7, 2005, 09:37 AM.
      Make it Shine

Comment

What are VOC Laws?

Also what is gonna come in the concours collection since the MPPC is no longer produced?

Comment

Hi:

What are VOC Laws?
          Here is a thread with some information. http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/sho...&highlight=VOC

It has been discussed a lot, search using "VOC".

I think you can still order the MPPC direct from Meguiar's, not sure. It will be available until the supply is gone.

Also what is gonna come in the concours collection since the MPPC is no longer produced?
          As far as I know, nothing.

Regards,

KTruck
          Last edited by KTruck; Apr 7, 2005, 11:43 AM.
          Make it Shine

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');