• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Clean Panoramic Sunroof, Wheels, Tires, and Exhaust Tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Clean Panoramic Sunroof, Wheels, Tires, and Exhaust Tips?

I've begun the process of taking ownership of my vehicle by purchasing two buckets, a grit guard, Gold Class soap, a few wash mitts, and the Water Magnet. After two washes, so far so good, with no swirls in the paint. However, I'd appreciate clarification on several items
    • Should I wash the panoramic sunroof as I would a painted surface? Or would it be better to use glass cleaner?
    • What is the most proper way (products and tools) to clean wheels and wheel wells?
    • What is the process of cleaning and dressing tires?
    • How do I clean those dirty exhaust tips?

Thank you in advance!

Re: How to Clean Panoramic Sunroof, Wheels, Tires, and Exhaust Tips?

1. Well, you would wash it like normal. Then you would have the option of a glass cleaner after if it needed it.

2. Just have to kind of find some brushes that work for you. Some people are able to find a softer toilet brush, or a wire brush to bend to shape for the wheel wells. The wheels themselves you can either use a dedicated mitt, or finding a soft brush. And then to get back in the spokes you want something like the Daytone Wheel Brush. I think Mothers sells a few brushes still, and some other companies probably do.

You can use APC or APC+ on the wheel wells. For the wheels, you can use also use the APC/APC+, although I liked the results from a dedicated wheel cleaner like the Aluminum Wheel Cleaner, or Wheel and Tire Cleaner.

However, on my wheels now, I gave them a real good cleaning with the Aluminum Wheel Cleaner, and then used the T.R.I.X product, and then gave them a real good coating of the Brake Dust Barrier. For the last few months I have just been using the regular car wash soap to clean them, and the resutls are just as good or better.

3. Generally you would clean the tire at first when doing the wheels. I like APC or APC+ and a brush. Then you would dress at the end when things are dried. Usually whether it is a gel or spray, you want to apply to an applicator, then to the tire. You may want to let it sit for a while, then use an old terry cloth to dab the tire, and get of any excess. That may dull the shine some, but cut down some sling.

4. What kind of tips? Just the basic stainless steel ones?

Mine are just the basic ones, and I like to use the Hot Rims Metal Polish and some #0000 steel wool.

If yours are chrome, you could use the same product, or the Chrome Polish, but may want to go to something like a piece of terry cloth for applying it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: How to Clean Panoramic Sunroof, Wheels, Tires, and Exhaust Tips?

You're the man, Murr! Thank you so much for addressing my questions in an easy to read, complete manner.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');