• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help keeping wheel wells black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help keeping wheel wells black

I saw someone mention that apc is the stuff to use for wheel wells & require no dressing. That would b a dream especially for my escalade bcuz it is a ***** to get in there & dress &I maintain also on my Infiniti its a smaller space to try &I get in & dress so I usually just don't do the rear wells so here's my question is this true, what is APC & HOW CAN I GET IT

Re: Help keeping wheel wells black

Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner can be purchased on at

Meguiar's D101 All Purpose Cleaner, 1 Gallon - Use on carpet, fabric, vinyl, and leather for all-over interior cleaning! All purpose cleaners are often more effective on some materials than others, making them less than all purpose. You wouldnt ...

Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.

But I recently bought a bottle of Griot's garage underbarriage spray to address the very issue you mentioned
    Car Care for the Perfectionist! Polishes, waxes, cleaners, polishers, foaming systems, detailing supplies, and accessories. We make it, we guarantee it!

Get the perfect results on your car care project while having fun at every stage with Griot’s cleaners, polishes, auto detailing tools and other supplies.
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

apc won't make it any blacker it will just clean it. Use a dressing. I use Hyper 2:1 dilution and my customers love it

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thanks for the help guys so then is there any way I can use a cleaner like apc or the griots garage to avoid dressing all 2gether or is dressing still a must do &I thanks for the links strife

Comment

^^^ cleaning it will keep it kleen.
          Plastic is made of oil, kleaners will extract that oil, thus makinginit dryer and grayer.
          So a dressing will relace those oils, so once in a while, as it lightens up, use a dressing to blacken it.
          Also you can paint it with an undercoating spray that will stay balck longer then plastic.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I just watched the video on griots garage & that is the direction I will probably go but should I still get meg apc to clean them or am I ok with simple green

Comment

^^^ I wouldn't even use a strong cleaner every time.
              APC is a very strong cleaner and can "bleach" things.
              Simple Green is a very gentle cleaner and a mild solution of APC will alway out perform SG.
              I just power wash and clean ww with car soap, brush, power washer and APC if needed, rarely. I really haven't had any dirty ww I couldn't clean.\

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Simple Green turned my wheels wells white on my old car... APC + All Season Dressing brought them back to black. I will not use it again.

I use APC every time on my new car, and there is no hint of white, just a regular gray. I am staying with APC.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Ok I will probably go with apc & the griots garage under carriage spray thanks for all the feedback

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');