• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is it ok to apply a second coat of wax after using a wash & wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it ok to apply a second coat of wax after using a wash & wax?

Hey, guys. I just bought my first car and I'm new to the detailing world. So far I've bought this set of Meguiar's product. It has worked great but I'm thinking about switching to a rinseless wash as my go-to wash. I am thinking about using Duragloss's rinseless wash w/ Aquawax (yes, I know about ONR =P).

So the big question: is it ok to use Meg's gold class liquid wax as a second coat after using the Duragloss w&w? I'm planning on using the Meg's wax every 3-4months after washing with the Duragloss w&w. My maintenance wash and waxes will come from the Duragloss w&w. If this is ok, I assume I need to wait 12 hours before using the Meg's wax for the best results?

thanks

Re: is it ok to apply a second coat of wax after using a wash & wax?

I don't know a whole lot about the Duragloss products, but if you are using all Meg's products otherwise, why not use something like Ultimate Wash and Wax for your routine washes, or if you want to cut down on price and still use the waterless method of cleaning the car, use Rinse Free Express Wash diluted 1:128, put it in a spray bottle, and it works great. (It's how I clean my two cars living in an apartment and then if they ever get a little dirtier I use UW&W as it seems to have a little more cleaning ability and then adds the added protection every now then). As far price RFEW diluted 1:128 can't be beat by anything else that I have found, and it works really well, especially on a car that isn't too crazy dirty.

As for the adding a second coat of wax portion of your question, I don't really think of any of the wash and wax or spray wax products as a true "coat of wax." I feel like they are more used as added protection between actual wax jobs. So if you want two true coats of wax, I'd probably do two coats with your Meg's wax when you do it. As for waiting the 12 hours after the wash&wax, not sure on that; maybe just use a quick detailer for the times that you plan on waxing afterward so that you don't have to worry about it.
    Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');