• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference ?

What's the difference between Ultimate Compound, and Machine Glaze ? When should I use what ?

What's the difference between SwirlX and Swirl Remover ?

What is Speed Glaze ? When should I use it ?

Most all of the labels I read basically say the same thing, Not sure what to use.

Thanks for the help

I'm not an expert with it but one uses SMAT technology (Ultimate Compound) which is the latest and greatest while the other uses diminishing abrasives or something.

What should you use?
    Any of the Ultimate Line products will give you extremly great results. Swirl X is also said to be a great product so you can definitely use that. If your trying to remove swirls, see if swirl x will remove them, and if not, use Ultimate Compound.

Are just detailing as a hobby? Because in my opinion I would just stay in the consumer line of products. Even if I did this for money, which I do once in a while, I only use consumer products and they make all my customers jaw drop everytime.

But as many will tell you, there's nothing wrong with trying different products.
    Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
    ---------
    SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Re: What's the difference ?

The products you mentioned vary in the strength of the abrasives and the finishing oil contents. When you look at the left side of the mirror glaze products, it has a cutting ability indicator that shows you how strong the abrasives are.
      2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Here's a few threads to get some basics: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...-products.html and http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...prise-you.html

The Mirror Glaze products are marked with a number indicating their relative aggressiveness. You always want to use the least aggressive product to get the job done, as any finish-correcting product accomplishes its task by removing some paint. Properly preserving your finish dictates removing the least amount of paint possible.

UC and M03 Mchine Glaze are nearly at opposite ends of the aggressiveness chart. UC, a consumer product, is the most aggressive product in the consumer line, capable of removing nearly any paint defects that can be chemically removed. M03 is kinda the Pro version of Ultimate Polish, capable of removing very minor defects, leaving an LSP-ready finish.

M80 Speed Glaze is a light abrasive product that has a high content of Meguiar's proprietary polishing oils to "moisturize" the paint. It's value on a modern finish is debatable, since modern paints are much less permeable than the older single-stage lacquers and enamels. For older paints, such as the El Camino in my avatar, it's an absolute must-have, offering a substantial improvement with a relatively low aggressiveness level.

I hope this information gets you started. The answers to all your questions are contained within this forum. It may take a little poking around to find them, but you'll gather some great information in the process.

Bill

Comment

Maybe this will help.
          BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Originally posted by imz4n View Post
            Thanks, imz4n.
            That was the post I was looking for to help answer the question, but was unable to find it.
            As always, "search" is your friend.

Bill

Comment

I have valued post bookmarked and in a folder for easy access. So I'm part geek, LOL
              BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');