• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Meguiar's product to use on my classic car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Meguiar's product to use on my classic car

Hello all,
    I am new to the classic car scene and need some help on deciding what product and what procedures to follow in shining up my late Father's 1956 T-Bird. The car is a real beauty and hasn't been washed in 3 years, although it has been garaged and covered this whole time and looks great. I just want to bring it up to date with current Meguiar's products to give it protection and shine. So I will need to know what order to get it to that finished showroom condition.......wash, polish, wax, detail......?......and what Meguiar's product to use, as there seems to be a wide selection to choose from. I also want to polish up the aluminum engine parts as well, valve covers, pulleys, etc.
    Thanks.....Steve

Re: What Meguiar's product to use on my classic car

Is it original paint, or repaint? Know what kind?

Any picture?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It is a beautiful repaint and I don't know what kind of paint it is. How do I attach a pic?

Comment

You want to upload the pics to your gallery here. Then insert the link to the image.

Well, a general complete process would look like this:

1. Wash - Gold Class Soap, 2 buckets, Grit Guards good quality towels/sponges, etc. OR something like the Meguiars Ultimate Wash and Wax Anywhere, or Rinseless Wash if trying to avoid water.
        2. Clay - Smooth Surface Clay kit
        3. Clean/Polish - Ult. Polish
        4. Polish - On a show car, a pure polish like #7 Show Car Glaze can be nice.
        5. Wax - This is a but up to you, but Gold Class may be nice.
        6. Wax - Two thin coats is best.

7. Maintain - Gold Class Spray Wax is nice for boosting the wax in the future. Would just want washed, or quick detailed before using the spray wax.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');