• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microfiber Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Microfiber Questions

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
    It sounds like you may want some more prep work before waxing.. perhaps clay, maybe a product like TRIX as well, depending on how many products you feel like buying.
    It had been a loooooong time since the last wash. I'll wash in another 2-4 weeks and see how the matter stands at that point. I do have a clay bar that I bought (with the cleaning wax) several years ago, but I was never sure how to use it, what it is for....

Comment

Originally posted by h_bomm View Post
      Are you using the 2 bucket method? That is, one bucket for soap and one to rinse? That could be a factor.
      I honestly had no idea what you said above (as should be obviously from my reply earlier in this thread). I just read the following somewhere from the FAQ forum here at Meguiars':

Using the 2-bucket method in conjunction with the Grit Guard will reduce the chances of inflicting swirls in your paint. The 2-bucket makes use of one bucket for your wash solution and a second bucket with just plain water to use as a rinse for your wash mitt. The process, then, would be to dunk your wash mitt into the soapy water bucket and wash a panel or section of your vehicle. Then dunk the wash mitt, and any loose contaminants it picked up, into the rinse bucket, swish it around and wring it out. This way any of the loose contaminants will be flushed out of the mitt and settle in the bottom of the rinse bucket. The Grit Guard is simply a baffle in the bottom of the bucket, preventing these loose contaminants from being dispersed back into the water the next time you rinse your wash mitt. Now you can dunk your mitt into the soapy water bucket and wash the next panel or section of your vehicle. As an added safety precaution you can insert a Grit Guard into your soapy water bucket as well.

OK that makes sense. I'm going to be getting a larger bucket anyways (to hold all my car wash supplies), and this just means I won't be able to do anything with the bucket I'm currently using--I'll just use it as my rinse bucket.

Comment

Originally posted by prr View Post
        It had been a loooooong time since the last wash. I'll wash in another 2-4 weeks and see how the matter stands at that point. I do have a clay bar that I bought (with the cleaning wax) several years ago, but I was never sure how to use it, what it is for....
        Wasnt sure what which was for?
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

What the clay was for.

A guy who knows cars was working with me on it, but he moved out of town, and I never did anything with it.... I must have got a kit. I got about 2/3 of a 16-oz bottle of the liquid cleaning wax, two clay bars (one out of the wrapper--still feels soft, one inside a wrapper), and an unused bottle of quick detailer mist and wipe.

This would all be a good 5 years old, when I had just bought a Civic that had a few paint problems.

Comment

Where are you located? Maybe one of us is near you and can cover some tips.

Comment

Well, every step has a purpose... it is just a matter of what you need.

Clay will remove bonded on contaminats on the surface of the paint.

TRIX would help with any break dust, tar etc.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeah I see in Meguiar's 5-part car care video how to use/apply it.

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...-Cycle-Updated!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');