• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mag & Aluminum Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mag & Aluminum Polish

I've done great things on my restorations with Meguiars Mag & Aluminum Polish, but I'm running out. Everywhere I look on line it says "backordered". I used to order from Amazon

Where and when will it be available?

Richard's Car Restoration
    How to polish and restore stainless and aluminum trim

Re: Mag & Aluminum Polish

I dont know if that could be due to the new metal polishes coming out around Christmas/early spring. There will be a couple different strengths of polish available then.

Although if in need, #105 or Ult. Compound can be tried.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Great before and after pics!
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Here is another set. Intake manifold is Meguiars, exhaust manifold is Rustoleum BBQ

Comment

Wow...

Were they machine polished?
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

I use a bench buffer, then smaller buffers on the drill, and finish up by hand.

Comment

I love your work!

Comment

Thanks. It is relaxing to step away from the daily routine to restore something.

Comment

Ace Hardware online seems to have some. However, I would call before purchasing to ensure availability.

Comment

They were the ones who sold through amazon, but no longer available there. It was my first choice. Might be a few stores with it, but I order on line when someone is coming to Bolivia to bring it.

Comment

Yes, as I mencioned, I use a bench buffer, then smaller buffers on the drill, and finish up by hand.

For small areas I can dip my little buffer in the Meguiars and then buff into the cracks.

But because of the detail, these door lock mechanisms were almost all hand done with a toothbrush and microfiber cloth.

Comment

Wow, incredible.

Comment

I find it more relaxing (and cheaper) than golf.

Comment

Amazing work Richard. Now I want some!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');