• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2011 Cadillac CTS Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 Cadillac CTS Black

Have a 2011 Caddy CTS in black that I took delivery a couple of months ago. The paint now has swirls, scratches, water spots and dealer installed holograms. What products do you suggest I use to remove them out. I also have G100 DA, what pads would I need to order.

Thanks for the help and advice.

-NOISER

Re: 2011 Cadillac CTS Black

This article will be perfect for your needs and it'll teach you the proper use of your G100 dual action polisher: D/A Buffing 101: An Introduction To The G110v2 (and similar)

I would use the following products:
    • Smooth Surface Clay Kit
    • Ultimate Compound via W8207 Polishing Pad
    • Ultimate Polish via W9207 Finishing Pad
    • Ultimate Wax via W9207 Finishing Pad
    • W68DA Backing Plate for the W8207/9207 Softbuff 2.0 pads
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

An important question will be what have you been doing to care for it so far? Esp as far as washing and drying.

If you are doing something that caused the swirls, then even after fixing them, they will just come right back.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Marc, will read the article you posted. For the Ultimate Compound, Polish, Wax are those in kit form or buy them separately?

Comment

Murr, I've been taking my car to the dealer (I know I know) to wash or have stopped to have my washed at the local gas station where they wash by hand not by machine. I decided enough was enough time get back into washing/detailing my own car like I used to. I learned my lesson. Right now I'm put together the products I need.

Comment

You can pick them up at your local Walmart individually. As for the pads, you need to purchase them online. There are certain walmarts that carry the pads but not all. As far as I remember, there's a kit in Amazon but that's the only place I know.

Proper washing entails a 2 bucket method and grit guards. For more information about the proper detailing steps, please read this article: Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

Comment

I dont think there is really a kit that works out well, esp if wanting full size bottles. Most kits will end up with a machine I think.

You can also browse the "How to Wash Your Car Showcar Style" video by Mike Phillips. Should pop up right away on google or whatnot.

Edit:

Ok.. so there is a kit. Price looks ok off hand.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Just saw the Meguiars DA correction system, what do you think? How does it compare with the Ultimate, compound, polish, and wax?

NOISER

Comment

This might help your car:
                  Detailed: 2009 Cadillac CTS-V - Black Raven (Trashed)

Comment

Marc, thanks for the link. I was thinking going all Meguiars products.

NOISER

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');