• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gold Class Wax after Ultimate Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Class Wax after Ultimate Wax

Hi All,I have a white 2001 Holden Commodore VX SS. It was looking a little worse for wear after being parked under some trees and railway stations. I have just washed it, then followed up with Car Pro Trix which removed alot of the rail dust and tree sap. I then followed with a clay bar, now just put on a coat of Color X which is currently drying.After which I will follow with Ultimate Wax, after that I was considering applying some Gold Class wax, is that too much or will the gold class over the ultimate give some extra protectionInterested to hear everyones thoughtsThanks

Re: Gold Class Wax after Ultimate Wax

It would be fine to do, though 3 coats of wax is more than usually recomended.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks Murr, I think I may just do the Ultimate Wax, 2 coats of that will be fine, next time its due for a wax, might put some gold class on there, car has certainly come up nicely after the full detail

Comment

What you're proposing is done all the time. To some eyes, sealants offer superior protection and longevity, but carnauba-based waxes have a softer, more pleasing glow. The GC won't add any substantial protection to the Ultimate, but you may like the look. NXT paste is the most compatible product with the tired old paint on my Camino, but GC or M26 is always the icing on the cake before a cruise or show.

Bill

Comment

Thanks BillyJack, I actually just finished the first coat of the Ultimate Wax, have decided I will follow up with the Gold Class just because I can and its sitting there, see what it looks like. I think you might be right re the NXT paste, I used that quite some time ago, and I think that brought my old white paint to life more than the Ultimate Wax has, I think the NXT is a great product too.

Comment

Too late now, but you may like to do a panel or two one way, and a panel or two the other, and then let it go for little and see if you notice anything.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              It would be fine to do, though 3 coats of wax is more than usually recomended.
              can you please tell how much time should be given in between the two quotes of UPW and then the Carnauba Wax??? can u do it one after the other or 12 hours of gap in all three waxes

Comment

I did gold class after two quotes of ulw. These two waxes on my black car had two very different looks. Ulw is literally a steel cold looking gloss. When I topped up with gccw the black looked much glossier and paint had more depth. I definitely prefer the look gccw but the protection offered by ulw is better for the weather in my country.

Comment

Originally posted by clarky75 View Post
                  Thanks Murr, I think I may just do the Ultimate Wax, 2 coats of that will be fine, next time its due for a wax, might put some gold class on there, car has certainly come up nicely after the full detail
                  For the next time, if you are going to do all that work, perhaps you might want to do UP, UW and GC
                  ColorX is an AIO and its great but UP is a more designated fine finishing polish with a little bit of correcting ability to it.
                  2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Originally posted by waterbeads View Post
                    can you please tell how much time should be given in between the two quotes of UPW and then the Carnauba Wax??? can u do it one after the other or 12 hours of gap in all three waxes
                    You would want UW to fully bond with the paint especially before you put on a carnauba like GC. If you don't I would guess that you will probably loose some durability of UW.
                    I would wait 12hrs before topping off with GC.

If you are just doing 2 coats of UW, perhaps there is no need to wait as the purpose of the 2nd coat should be to cover areas you might have possibly missed on your 1st coat.
                    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');