• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really new car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really new car

Hey Everyone~
    I've read about waxing a new car and it seems like the assumption is that the cars have been on the lot for a bit. I had to order my car from the factory, or have someone drive one from Miami, the nearest '13 Hyundai coupe SE w/ manual trans. I expected to have to wait several weeks to a month, but it's been 10 days and I am to pick it up tomorrow.. Is there a way to know if the cars' paint is really super-fresh from the plant in Alabama, or if it's being trucked in from somewhere and is 30+ days painted? Does it matter? Or go ahead and wash, clay, polish & wax.. Thanks much!! ~t

Re: Really new car

As far as fresh paint concerns, you are ok. The paint will have been baked on at the factory.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Really new car

If you really want to know, somewhere on the left door jamb will be a sticker that shows the month of production. Regardless of the build month, I do agree with Murr. I've been in the new car business for over 30 years and if it was up to me, I'd have every new car undergo a clay, polish and wax as soon as it was unloaded from the truck.

Bill

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');