• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hazy Days of Winter?? Temp range of products.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hazy Days of Winter?? Temp range of products.

I tried to wait until spring, but I just couldn't take it anymore. My truck had gentle coating of filth, I had to wash it. It was around 60 degrees when I started my regimen. By the time I got to the waxing part, it was dark and according to my trucks thermometer, 45 degrees. Thats when I noticed something strange. It was hazing.

Just to be clear this isn't the normal "dry to a haze" stuff. I know this because I wiped the normal, dry wax haze off. As I continued to work I noticed that areas I had already removed the wax from and buffed were getting hazy again. That kinda bothered me, so I tried to buff it again, thnking I just didn't do it right, but the haze wouldn't go away.

This is the first time this has happened, and the first time I used the products in chilly weather. So I am hypothesising that maybe the behavior was due to the temperature.

Is there a lower limit on the temperature you can use the products? I know the can talks about not doing it when its too hot, but is there a too cold?

Products I used... Ultimate polish, ultimate wax (paste not liquid) and the quik detailer for spot work.

Thanks

Re: Hazy Days of Winter?? Temp range of products.

Usually in the 50's is recomended.

I think the cleaner/waxes have the best chance of working in colder weather.

But nothing too bad will happen.. just wash again if needed and should be fine.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: Hazy Days of Winter?? Temp range of products.

Thanks for the quick response, I put it in the garage after I was done where its a tad warmer. The haziness went away almost instantly lol. I think I will hit it with the qwik detailer, and the quik wax tomorrow when it is warmer. Do you think that will work? Will the wax I appied "set" or should I try to remove it first?

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');