• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratches off of cd's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches off of cd's

I know I read in the forums somewhere on how to use some meguiars product to get scratches out of cd's. I wasn't sure if it was UC or Headlight lens restorer or something else. Has anyone used this or know how to do it or what to use? Thanks for all the help you guys give on here. I went from knowing nothing about washing a car and using dawn as soap to having a decent looking ride that's nice and shiny.

Re: Scratches off of cd's

PlastX would be the first product I would try. UC could be to strong and cause more problems with the CD's. PlastX is designed for plastics (headlights, and other clear plastic as well) and has different abrasives vs. UC, UC uses Super Micro-abrasives while PlastX uses DMAT (diminishing micro-abrasives), as far as I can recall, anyone please correct me if I', wrong.

Comment

That's what I was thinking. I couldn't remember the name. I think I'll try that. Thanks a lot

Comment

Yes, PlastX would be the only product I would use and use it very gently.
        DON'T Rub it in a circle either. You want to go from the center out to the edge.

DON'T USE A COMPOUND. Those will scratch the $#&* out of the CD.
        You can also use a little WD40 on a Micro Fiber Towel

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I personally haven't tried WD40 on Cd's, but I prefer using foam applicators in this case. Then wipe clean with a damp microfiber then a soft dry microfiber to finish off, then try the CD if it no longer skips... Hopefully it won't skip again..

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');