• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratches made by dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches made by dog

My dog jumped onto my car a few times and made several scratches. Can polishing remove the scratches?
    Honda car so assume its soft paint

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Re: Scratches made by dog

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Comment

Based on your pics, it doesn't look that deep.

It can be removed by hand. Try ScratchX 2.0 first using a foam applicator, go at it a couple of times using light to moderate pressure as opposed to applying it only once using firm pressure. If not, move up to Ultimate Compound again using a foam applicator with light to moderate pressure. If the paint is indeed soft UC or ScratchX 2.0 may leave the paint hazy, so you might need to follow up with something milder (either Ultimate Polish or SwirlX) or even a cleaner wax (ColorX) to restore clarity. Other alternatives may include (at your own risk) is do very mild color sanding, but unless you know what you're doing, I would just leave color sanding to the pros...

Comment

I'd probably just go right to UC.... ScratchX 2.0 is fairly close to it really.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yes you can remove those with little effort. I've done it a million times
          This is a common thing.
          Lucky dog nails are soft and the scratches should have penetrated the clear coat.
          I would use a little Ultimate Compound and a Micro Fiber Towel.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

UC worked very well on cat scratches on my trunk. The little pest seemed to have slid down the rear window, and put the brakes on over the trunk.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');