• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1Z einszett Klima-Cleaner - Easy To Use - ETU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1Z einszett Klima-Cleaner - Easy To Use - ETU

Has anyone tried this stuff?
    Does it work?

I kind of jumped the gun and ordered a few without looking at reviews. If not and anyone is interested I can post up my review when done.

My Test Vehicles
    Honda Pilot EX- bought used has faint wet dog smell when it gets warmer outside. Vehicle had 70,000 miles when we acquired it, when i checked interior pollen filter it was never changed. But replacing it did not change the smell.
    VW CC- bought used has extremely faint smoke smell when it gets warmer outside.

So I think this stuff will help with the Honda Pilot, I think the CC will continue to smell because the smell seems to be trapped in the headliner not the A/C system.

Any help or reviews are welcomed. I will try to make use of this stuff tonight and post up. And if I remember I will post up long term review because a smell is only gone when it is gone.

Re: 1Z einszett Klima-Cleaner - Easy To Use - ETU

I still prefer to have the A/C system cleaned the "traditional way" since it is a good opportunity to have the system checked in case there are parts that need replacing. And since the car has accumulated many miles, maybe a deeper cleaning session is needed to really remove those odors.

Comment

Originally posted by ffboy View Post
      I still prefer to have the A/C system cleaned the "traditional way" since it is a good opportunity to have the system checked in case there are parts that need replacing. And since the car has accumulated many miles, maybe a deeper cleaning session is needed to really remove those odors.
      Thanks for the advice. What would the "traditional way" cost typically?

First, the use of the product is easy.
      1. turn car on
      2. set A/C to recycle position
      3. turn fans all the way up.
      4. place product on floor nearest a/c system intake (typically behind glove box) passenger floor works well.
      5. activate product, let run for 5+ mins (mine ran closer to 6-7 mins)
      6. I added additional 3-4 minutes just to let the air continue to run.
      7. Open windows and doors to air out.

I did use 1 can on the Honda Pilot. I did this Thursday night and was out of town all weekend. I will check tonight.
      Today won't be the best test because it is rather cool in LA area but I will know if it worked or not. Also will check for remnant chemical smell.

Comment

Originally posted by s word View Post
        Thanks for the advice. What would the "traditional way" cost typically?

First, the use of the product is easy.
        1. turn car on
        2. set A/C to recycle position
        3. turn fans all the way up.
        4. place product on floor nearest a/c system intake (typically behind glove box) passenger floor works well.
        5. activate product, let run for 5+ mins (mine ran closer to 6-7 mins)
        6. I added additional 3-4 minutes just to let the air continue to run.
        7. Open windows and doors to air out.

I did use 1 can on the Honda Pilot. I did this Thursday night and was out of town all weekend. I will check tonight.
        Today won't be the best test because it is rather cool in LA area but I will know if it worked or not. Also will check for remnant chemical smell.
        ???? put it on the floor and let it run?
        your using this right?

This product is for the evaporator core deep in the unit. That's what the long tube is for.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
          ???? put it on the floor and let it run?
          your using this right?

This product is for the evaporator core deep in the unit. That's what the long tube is for.
          It is the "easy to use" version of that product
          Nextzett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment - New name and new label, but it's the same product you've known and loved for years! Eliminate musty odors at the core of the problem! Nextzett Klima-Cleaner is an effective means for removing odors ...

No hint of a smell in the Pilot. Will give review after more time has passed.

Comment

Continue to have absolutely no smell in the Pilot 2 weeks after use. Even on the hot days.

If you are a DIYer with no ability to get to ozone machine,this stuff is $15 and seems to do the job.

Comment

Just another update. Scent is still gone in the Pilot. It is kind of amazing how neutralized the smell is. Including hot days. Summer will tell all, but so far I can say this stuff works.

Comment

Have you used it in the CC yet?

Comment

Originally posted by h_bomm View Post
                  Have you used it in the CC yet?
                  Yes, about a month back.
                  After use of product there is a chemical/citrus scent that lingers for about a day or two.
                  After that everything has stayed neutralized. Not even a hint of the scent.

I'd say Pilot was an 8 out of 10 on the scent scale.
                  The CC was a 4 out of 10 on the scent scale but smoke.

Happy with the results for now. BTW even complete carpet scrub downs and extractor use didn't solve the Pilot dog scent.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');