• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How bad are swirls on yellow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How bad are swirls on yellow?

Does anyone have experience on how badly swirls show on yellow? Silver is so easy, they are so hard to see. Black of course, is a headache. ha-ha.

I am considering a yellow car because it's what is in stock with big discount.

Would swirls show quite badly on this color or ? What's your experience?

Re: How bad are swirls on yellow?

Originally posted by mb911 View Post
    Does anyone have experience on how badly swirls show on yellow? Silver is so easy, they are so hard to see. Black of course, is a headache. ha-ha.

I am considering a yellow car because it's what is in stock with big discount.

Would swirls show quite badly on this color or ? What's your experience?
    Generally difficult to see, but the darker the shade the easier to see. This is an example of some experience one guy had working on yellow paint.

Comment

You can see them just not as easy as a dark color car.

Comment

You can't really make an absolute statement, there are too many different shades of yellow. Plus, a single stage yellow will show swirls differently than a base/clear. (My last yellow car was single stage and always looked good until it started fading.)

But by and large, all else being equal, yellow will show swirls more than white or silver, less than red or blue and waaaaay less than black.

If it's a nice, bright, fun yellow I'd go for it. It'll look sweet all shined up and you're almost guaranteed to never park next to one just like it.

If it's a pukey, bug-gut, slimy yellow, that's up to personal taste. Some people like that sort of thing.

pc

Comment

Swirls dont show up easily on a yellow car. Plus it doesnt look bad even if you get a thick layer of dust on it.

My yellow car:

Comment

Swirls on lighter colored cars are generally less visible than dark colored ones.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');