• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Dash and Trim Restorer lotion discontinued or repackaged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Dash and Trim Restorer lotion discontinued or repackaged?

Hi everyone. I was trying to find a bottle of Ultimate Dash and Trim Restorer, product number G14512, but it seems to be no longer available. I was looking through some threads here on the forum and from what I gathered, it seems to have been replaced by Ultimate Black (G15812). I think it was in one of those threads where I saw the mention that the product was reformulated as well and that Ultimate Protectant Spray (G14716) was actually closer to the old Dash and Trim product. I liked the gloss level of the Dash and Trim product and the fact that it seemed to hold that gloss level for some time. Other than the fact that one product is in spray form and the other is in lotion form, is there any substantial difference in the two products? I'm using this on a two toned interior, a chocolate brown contrasted with a cashmere tannish color. Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Re: Ultimate Dash and Trim Restorer lotion discontinued or repackaged?

Either would be ok, may find the spray easier to mist on your cloth then apply, probably will be a bit more durable than the Supreme Shine dressing.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I have a bottle of the spray. It says 'Ultimate Protectant' on the front. I kind of remember not being impressed with something about the gloss level of that product. Could it be that going from one product, I used Natural shine protectant prior to the Ultimate Protectant, that made the latter product not work right? There was a couple months between applications of the two products. I found 4 bottles of the Dash and Trim Restorer online and bought them. I'm covered for a while now regardless. Thanks again for your time. Take care.

Comment

Well, if you were to go into detail, it would also be the level of texture in your dash. I use the Supreme Shine, but I thing it looks mid-gloss on my dash from the heavy texture.

So I use the Supreme Shine to as least get something... and it is a lot less greasy than the Nxt Protectant.

Covering one with the other shouldn't be a big deal... but if you had something like APC to give a good cleaning first wouldn't hurt.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');