• US Flag waving in the background behind three Meguiar's spray products.  Meguiar's logo 4th of July Independence Day Sale.  15% Off Sitewide plus Free Shipping Over $99.  Shop Now, Use Code JULY4.  Expires 7/7/24, Valid Online Only, Excludes Discounted Kits.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1-step wax and wheel wax question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-step wax and wheel wax question

So i offer a package for my detailing that is just a basic interior and exterior detail, with a coat of wax. What wax would you use to get the best shine for just a quick hand wax?

I was thinking either the Cleaner Wax or Gold Class Carnauba Plus?

Also for the wheels, what would you use to protect them?

Re: 1-step wax and wheel wax question

The Gold Class would probably give a better look while the Cleaner Wax would deep clean the paint a little as well as leave some protection behind. Not sure which would last longer or which would be easier/quicker though... As far as the wheels go, Brake Dust Barrier would be a great choice for that. It would also make future cleanings easier with less scrubbing. Hope that helps!

Comment

Go with the Cleaner wax if thats you most basic package. You will get a nice shine with the protection. Time for protection would be 1 month I would say.
      Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
      Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
      Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

I would use Meg's ULW or UPW on both paint and wheels. This is Meg's longest lasting waxes, really sealants.

Can be applied in direct sunlight and won't stain trim. I use UPW for my wash n wax pkge. If I brought my car for a wash n wax and it lasted a month I would be pissed.

Now a wash and spray wax lasting a month is a different story.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
        "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I kinda have a flip flopped system.

$40 for a interior/exterior detail and wax +$15
          $80 for interior with steam clean, wash, wax wheels, KAIO, KSG, add claybar +$20
          $130 for interior with steam clean, wash, wax wheels, 1-step machine polish M205, then UPW

Alot of people go for the $130 package, so i wana save my UPW for that. How long would the Gold Class wax last?

Comment

Originally posted by Randomhero View Post
            I kinda have a flip flopped system.

$40 for a interior/exterior detail and wax +$15
            $80 for interior with steam clean, wash, wax wheels, KAIO, KSG, add claybar +$20
            $130 for interior with steam clean, wash, wax wheels, 1-step machine polish M205, then UPW

Alot of people go for the $130 package, so i wana save my UPW for that. How long would the Gold Class wax last?
            In this case I would have to suggest Optimum Car Wax, it is the longest lasting spray wax that I know of. It will last 3 months. While I love D156 it does not last as long as OCW.

Comment

I think im just gonna use the UPW for my wash & wax, and Cleaner Wax for the wheels, how does that sound?

Comment

Originally posted by Randomhero View Post
                I think im just gonna use the UPW for my wash & wax, and Cleaner Wax for the wheels, how does that sound?
                Sure you can do that. Cleaner wax will make wheels look great. Just keep in mind that it will not last long on wheels.
                Anything you put on wheels has to withstand heat, brake dust and road tar. If cleaner wax lasts about a month on paint, it will probably last a week on wheels.

For my wash n wax pkge I use UPW or Collonite 845. For wheels I use Collonite 476s.

Comment

Dang my local Meijer had the brake dust barrier stuff onsale for like $3/can. Should have bought those. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');